South West Teaching Schools Alliance
King Edward VI Community College is part of the South West Teaching Schools Alliance.
The aim of the South West Alliance is to ensure outstanding achievement for every child in our schools through collaborative challenge and support.
Role of Teaching Schools
As well as offering training and support for their Alliance, Teaching Schools identify and co-ordinate expertise from their alliance, using the best leaders and teachers to
- Play a greater role in training new entrants to the profession
- Improve the quality of teaching and learning
- Identify and develop leadership potential
- Provide support for other schools
- Design and broker Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs)
- Engage in research and development
All school members of the South West Alliance are also members of Challenge Partners.
‘Challenge Partners is a collaborative group of schools at various points in a journey towards excellence. Challenge Partners is committed to maximising the life chances of all our students and through collaborative learning, ensure that each generation of students achieves more than the one before. Challenge Partners provides a vehicle for schools that wish to retain their individuality yet learn from the best of their peers and have an educational voice nationally and internationally.’