From 2016 all our students are in small mixed age tutor groups so that lead tutors and co-tutors can provide the greatest possible support for our young people at the different ‘pinch points’ through the academic year.
- Every child has a lead tutor and co-tutor who see their tutor group daily
- Every child has two academic tutorials with their parents or carers and their tutor at important points throughout the year to help review learning and set targets for improvement
- Every child and their parents or carers have the opportunity to meet subject teachers for individual consultations at four subject teacher evenings throughout the year, as well as being able to communicate with subject teachers and faculty leaders by eParents and email.
- Every child is encouraged through our vertical tutor system to take advantage of opportunities to act as a leader and mentor to other students.
- Every child is placed in one of our five houses, ‘schools within schools’, with Heads of House and a Learning Mentors who are able to track student progress and support them to be the best learners and highest achievers possible.