At some point over the course of this year, our students may need to self-isolate at home due to Covid-19. This could happen in two possible ways:
- You, or someone in your family, develop symptoms. In this case, you will be forced to self-isolate. We call this a Tier 1 scenario.
- We may need to ask a larger year group of students to self-isolate. We call this a Tier 2 scenario
We will ensure appropriate remote learning is available for both scenarios. Should you require physical hard copies of remote learning please email your child's Head of House.
Our overarching principles for remote learning:
- Curricular alignment: remote plans follow precisely the same sequence as face-to-face enactment of the curriculum.
- High-quality resources that mirror those used in face-to-face teaching where applicable and appropriate, are easily accessible and break learning down into small steps (avoiding long-term project type tasks). This includes the use of videos and nationally produced resources such as the Oak Academy resources.
- Feedback and assessment of learning should remain regular, in line with normal curriculum expectations where possible.